The client is a $10 million CRM solution provider targeting the Industrial Distributor market.
In the past, they had used an outsourced appointment setting service and were disappointed by the results. They wanted to hire their own in-house Sales Development Reps (SDRs).
However, they have never hired or managed SDRs before and weren’t sure how to go about it.
As the client has never hired its own SDRs before, they lacked the fundamental infrastructure necessary to successfully onboard new SDRs and manage them effectively. Specifically, they lacked:
- The systems and tools necessary to transfer critical knowledge about the industry and the buying persona to these SDRs quickly—in a matter of days.
- The specific SDR level prospecting training and coaching needed
- The metrics and Key Performance Indicators necessary to manage this young team on a daily basis, especially the first 2-3 weeks.
What We Did
SOMAmetrics took a A-Z approach to helping the client design and create its Sales Development organization from scratch. Specifically, SOMAmetrics helped the client in the following ways:
1. Recruiting and Hiring Qualified SDRs
Writing job descriptions, interviewing SDR candidates, helping the client narrow down to the most applicable, designing compensation packages, and hiring the candidates.
2. Developing the SOMAmetric Intelligent Prospecting (SIP) solution
Researching the distribution industry (specifically, industrial distribution sector); researching the four buying personas the client targeted; developing a targeted value prop for each buying persona; creating a pain bank by buying persona; developing the Call Navigators for each persona; objection handling; SPIN selling questions; and more.
training the new SDRs on the distribution industry, SPIN Selling for prospecting, role plays, objection handling, and more.
4. Engagement Tools
Providing these SDRs with a set of outbound prospecting emails, voicemails, and LinkedIn messaging to help them connect better with prospects..
The overall result was the rapid onboarding and ramping up of these new SDR hires:
- One week: to onboard and train the SDRs
- Two weeks: to book their first meetings
- Four Weeks: to reach 60% of quota
More Case Studies
Get in Touch Today
Address: 1847 Berkeley Way
Berkeley, CA 94703
Business Hours: 8:30a-6:00p M-F